As we all know rice is a staple food, especially in Asia. But we don’t know the properties of rice and its water. The starch water after cooking rice is usually left over and it is thrown away by people,. But do you know that starch water when used in a right way can benefit your hair. It will help you to get a smoother, thicker and shiner hair.
First step is how to make starch water for your hair care. You can follow any of the following methods:
- Soak the uncooked rice in a bowl for 30 minutes or you can let it be for 1 hour also. Then separate the soaked rice and collect the water in a mug or a bowl.
- You can use the water that has been left after the cooked rice. Collect the starch water. Let it stay for 15-20 minutes till it cools down completely and after that you can use it.
- Ferment the cooked rice by soaking then in water for two days and then use the starch water.
Next step is how to use these water:
- Wash your hair with a gentle shampoo and rinse it thoroughly.
- Apply this rice water on your hair from the root till the end.
- Massage the hair properly.
- Leave it for 20-30 minutes and rinse it with normal water.
Now, let us understand how this starch water helps you with hair care:
- Rice water had amino acid which helps in regenerating hair. It has Vitamin B,C and E which helps in hair growth.
- Moisture can be beneficial for hair but too much moisture can be harmful thus, protein in rice water balances the moisture in the hair.
- Rice water reduces the friction of the hair and increases the hair elasticity. It brings lusture and detangling to your hair.
Starch water looks simple but it has magical proprieties which enhances your hair quality. But there is a caution, less processed hair should limit the use of rice water as the proteins get attached to your hair instead of being absorbed and this makes it unmanageable. So, instead of throwing away the rice water again, use it for your hair to make it healthy, silky and shinnier.